Yesterday, we finally went to Brazos Bend Park to see the alligators that everyone has told us about. That was quite an experience! A little scary actually...We hiked around a marsh and saw alligators everywhere! We were about 10 feet from a baby gator that was on shore with its mouth open and then later, while we were walking (I was up ahead a little), I turned and saw a huge alligator staring right at me! He was probably 10 feet long! Needless to say, we kept the kids close by at all times.

On a huge tree stump

A "tower" overlooking the marsh

Noah and Sophie are prepared with their walking sticks

The biggest spider I have ever seen! (Besides a trantula) It was bigger than my hand!

At the entrance

On the pier

The first alligator we saw under us while out on the pier

The baby alligator

The monster staring at me!
1 comment:
Glad to see you braved Brazos! Isn't that tree stump cool. Our kids loved playing on it too. That spider is gross. I should have told you the other day too---my friend has a recipe blog. She was a culinary arts major and does some pretty cool stuff. www.recipeswapping.blogspot.com
Post a Comment